You can now easily find and sort emails in SharePoint
Xakia customers can file emails from the Outlook add-in into their SharePoint folder. To make it easy to find and sort emails, the following metadata for each email is captured:
- Email from
- Email to
- Email date
- Email attachment (Yes/No)
- Email subject line
In this article:
Click on the ‘settings’ gear icon from the top right hand corner of the screen and click ‘Library settings’.
Click on the ‘More library settings’ link.
Click on ‘Create column’
Add a name for the column. All columns must be single line text columns, with the exception of 'Email Date' which can be a Date and Time field and a column for ‘Has attachments’, which can be declared as a ‘Yes/No column and. It will be displayed in SharePoint Online as a checkmark.
When you are done with the settings for your new Site Column, scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose OK. The new Site Column will be created and listed in the Site Columns page.
These custom site columns can now be configured in the ‘Field Mapping’ tab of the SharePoint Online configuration page in Xakia.
- Click on 'Admin' in the top navigation menu
- Click on 'Integrations' from the left hand menu
- Click on the 'Document Management' tab
- Click on the 'Field mapping' tab
- Scroll down and under the ‘Outlook Integration’ section, enter the name of the SharePoint Online site columns created with the corresponding meta data field.
- Click 'Save'
If you have any questions about SharePoint, please refer to the SharePoint help and learning website.
If you require more information or support, you can get in touch with the Support team here or email email@example.com.