Achieve next-level efficiency with task templates that pre-populate repetitive matters with all the associated tasks and key dates.
AutoTasks allows templating of tasks/key dates in a similar way to template matters. It allows for common matter types to be populated with details of default tasks/key dates, responsibilities and timings quickly and easily.
Note: AutoTasks is available on the Professional subscription level. Click here to learn more about the pricing plans.
In this article:
AutoTasks allows users to:
- Pre-configure repetitive/predictable tasks, key dates, users responsible and date due relative to a matter's 'date received'
- Save time and add a set of repetitive tasks to a matter in just a couple of clicks
- Assign these tasks to individuals, change dates or remove tasks, as required
Note: AutoTasks can be created by admins only. Achieving a streamlined process across the team requires consistency and is best achieved through the creation of task templates that are used in the same manner by all team members, rather than having individual team members create their own templates and adding in nuances that differ person to person.
Setting up an AutoTasks Template in Admin
- Click on 'Admin' in the top navigation bar
- Click on 'Professional' from the left hand side menu
- Click on the 'Project Management' tab
- Click on the 'Add New' button on the right hand side of the screen
- Add a name and description for your template
- Click on the '+ Task' or '+ Key Date' buttons and complete details including:
- Name and description
- Add a due date from when the matter was received. For example 1 day from date received
- Set priority
- Choose to set an email reminder
- Click 'Save'
Note: Any dates set that fall on a weekend will automatically move to a business day.
Adding an AutoTasks template to a matter
Once an AutoTasks template has been created in Admin, you can now add it to a matter.
- Navigate to your matter
- Click on the 'Tasks' tab from the left hand side menu bar
- Click on the 'Apply AutoTask Template' button in the top right of the screen
- Select your template from the drop-down list and click the 'Load Template Tasks' button
- Tasks/key dates set up in the template will load on the page. All tasks/key dates are automatically assigned to the Matter Manager. Click the ‘Edit’ link to make further edits to the task/key date including:
- Person responsible
- Due date
- Set an email reminder
- You can remove tasks/key dates if required by clicking ‘Delete’
- Click the ‘Save all changes’ button in the top right hand corner of the screen
Once saved, tasks/key dates will display in a list on the Tasks tab and a notification will be sent to the individual responsible.
If you require more information or support, you can get in touch with the Support team here or email email@example.com.