When making any change to how you work, communication is key! That’s why we’ve created some simple template communications materials for you to use as you and your team change your way of working by adopting Xakia.
Please feel free to copy, edit or ignore the examples below – your team is unique, so the most important thing is to communicate in the way that is authentic for you and effective for your team.
We have included the following templates below:
Template email – legal team
The email below is intended for you to send to each person who you add as a Xakia user at the beginning of your Xakia journey.
Today I’ve signed up for a new tool to add to our toolbox called Xakia. I’ve added you all as users, so wanted to let you know why I’ve done this and ask for you support and effort to give it a go.
Xakia is a matter management platform designed specifically for in-house legal teams like us. It has a number of features which I think are valuable for our team, including:
- a simple, centralized place for us all to record key information about our matters – meaning that we can all have realtime visibility of what’s on, what’s important (and how big a problem we have if someone goes on leave);
- an intake and triage feature that we can roll out across the organization to make sure we get the instructions we need, and our stakeholders understand where things are at;
- some pretty handy looking spend management functionality, which could potentially make the admin side of law firm billing and invoicing much easier; and
- a pretty comprehensive suite of live dashboards and automated reports, which will be really useful as we use Xakia for us to better understand our own data, and explain what we do to our stakeholders.
My ask of you
I’ve just completed setting up our Xakia account. Pretty simple, Xakia guided me through the whole thing – including a nice little tour of how to do the basics.
By now, you should have received an email from Xakia with a link to set up your account. Please take the time to do this, and to do their little onboarding tour (it will only take about 10 minutes).
Then, my main request of you is to give Xakia a go! The benefit we get out of Xakia will be directly related to the effort we put in now to make some small changes to the way we work and make using Xakia a daily habit.
I’m sure we will need to do a bit of work as a team to make sure we’re all using Xakia consistently – however to start with, the single most important thing for us to do is to add our matters into Xakia and keep it up to date. I’ve added my first matter today – it took me less than 30 seconds, so this isn’t Mount Everest!
With a team effort I think in less than a month we will be able to start drawing real insight out of Xakia – example dashboard below:
If you get stuck
I’ve signed up for Xakia online given that it seems pretty intuitive. However I can also see it has a lot of features for us to explore. If you get stuck along the way you can:
- check out the Xakia Knowledge Base;
- ask me (I’m no expert, but I’ve been using it for about 15 mins longer than you!)
- email Xakia Support.
I look forward to us all giving Xakia a go – and to seeing the benefits it delivers!
Template post – internal legal channels
The short post below is intended to accompany the above email on your internal legal chat or social media channels (e.g. Teams, Slack).
Team! I’ve just signed up for Xakia, a legal matter management system which will give us:
👀 realtime visibility of the full universe of our legal work;
🏎️ streamlined intake and triage to deliver a better experience for both our team and out stakeholders;
🗡️ the weapons to slay admin around tracking law firm costs, invoicing and payment; AND
💪 powerful analytics and automated reporting on all of the above.
My ask – please give this a red hot go 🔥 --> see my email for further details.