You've approved an invoice and now it needs to go to the Finance Department. Choose from these options.
Navigate to the Admin > External Resources. Here you have two options to route invoices to your accounts team (or anybody else who needs to receive an approved invoice).
1. Auto forward invoices via email
Under the 'Settings' tab, the 'Invoice Management' section allows you to toggle the forwarding of approved invoices to on and to simply complete details of the email address or addresses to whom approved invoices (with or without the invoice attached) should be routed. Note that a manual override at the matter level can be enabled, which allows users to add or edit the recipients of these invoices if required.
If your invoices need to be routed based on your company division, category of work or legal group, rules can be established to route invoices accordingly.
Each rule is set up in an IF > THEN format, for example:
IF Division = Corporate, THEN forward approved invoices to [insert email address]
You can enter as many rules as you have Divisions.
You will also need to enter a default email address. For example:
OTHERWISE, forward approved invoices to [insert email address]
Note: Automatic forwarding of approved invoices will only apply to new matters created. However, if you allow for manual override, then you will be able to enter an email address(es) on each engagement to ensure that this occurs.
Once this feature has been activated your users will:
- See a field on the matter form under Resources > Expenses on the left hand side called 'Approved Invoices Sent to' (see screenshot below)
- This will be automatically populated with the email address(es) set up in your Admin
- Where the 'manual override' feature has been enabled, users will be able to change this field as required.
When an invoice is received and 'approved' by a user, the user will see a pop up notification to remind them of the email address(es) to which the approved invoice will be forwarded, and then confirm the approval. Once approved, the invoice will be sent via email to the email address(es) determined with the following information:
- Name of approving user
- Name of external resource
- Matter number
- Matter name
- Purchase order (if entered)
As with other notifications, these emails are sent using a third party provider. View this article to learn more.
2. Export on approval
For teams who need data and invoice exported, for example to deliver into a payment system, you can use Xakia's export configuration. Once enabled, this requires:
- Delivery destination (secure file transfer settings)
- File format
- Inclusion of the invoice
- Redaction of confidential matter metadata
- Encryption of file
- Single or multi-line export
- Configuration of the file to be exported
- defining the field title
- mapping to the Xakia matter, engagement, invoice or custom field
- defining the format (where relevant)
- setting a default (where relevant)
Upon final approval in the approval workflow, users with Admin access will have the ability to set an invoice to 'Ready to pay' which will trigger the export of invoices and metadata in the format selected, and send to the defined destination.
If you require more information or support, please click the ? in the top navigation bar of your Xakia platform, or email email@example.com.