This release brings you further enhancements to spend management functionality.
Ensure that your invoices are ready to approve as soon as you receive them, by implementing and enforcing billing guidelines with your external resources and law firms.
Set up billing guidelines in Admin with:
- drag & drop billing guideline selections
- set up billing guidelines 'sets' for different firms, categories of work or divisions
- apply rules for your billing guidelines
When invoices are submitted by your external resources and law firms, they will be required to check that the invoice complies with each of the applicable billing guidelines.
New External Resource page
The External Resource page in your matter has been given an upgrade:
- Primary Contact - each matter now has a primary contact, being the first or primary contact invited from the firm on each matter.
- Team members - each matter can include an unlimited number of team members from the invited firm. Note that if your settings allow the firm to add team members to a matter, they will be displayed here.
- Migrate details of users - previous fields that allowed you to capture name, phone number and email address of your primary contact have been moved to the 'Engagement notes' field.
- New fields:
- 'Reason for engagement' allow you to record the primary reason for engaging the firm.
- 'Engagement notes' allow you to capture notes about the engagement.
Upload invoice payments
Once an invoice has been approved and routed to your accounts team, you may want to record information about the payment, so that it is up to date with the current payment information. This has been enabled via an upload functionality as set out here.
Couple of other little enhancements:
- Reports new / old swap - the reports engine introduced 12 months ago now has a full suite of fully configurable reports. While the old reports system will remain available for a further 6 months, the navigation bar has been updated to reflect the 'old' reports.
- Task details character limit has been increased to accommodate extensive use of this functionality.
If you require more information or support, you can get in touch with the Support team here, or email email@example.com.