Create and track a matter budget.
Sometimes your matter expenses go beyond an external resource or law firm, or sometimes you cannot utilize the 'External Resources' functionality to fully reflect the spend. Tracking all your budget costs and keeping on top of budget overrun has never been easier.
Simply follow the steps below to ensure a real-time understanding of your matter budget.
Add a budget to your matter
- Click on a matter to open it
- Click the 'Actions' button in the top right hand corner
- Click 'Add Matter Budget' from the drop-down
- Click on the 'Budget' tab
- Enter a budget in the 'budget field'
Entering a new expense: for costs you add yourself
- Click the 'Add Cost' button on the right hand side
- Start typing in the 'Supplier' field and select a supplier from the drop down list, or if not existing, click 'New' to add to your supplier database (once added, you will need to click 'Add Cost' again)
- Enter cost information and upload a copy of invoice if desired
Note: These costs will display on your cost table and indicated under 'Type' = 'Internal Expense'
Entering a new expense: for costs uploaded by external firms
- Any external costs submitted on your 'Resources' tab will display on this table and indicated under 'Type' = 'External Expense'
- If the matter is resourced 'internal' but costs are incurred externally, you can invite your external firms to submit costs by clicking the 'Invite' button and completing the information there.
Note: This functionality is available to Xakia Plus, Xakia Advance and Xakia Professional users only.
Once expenses have been added, they will total and display against your matter budget in the top grey area.
If you require more information or support, you can get in touch with the Support team here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.