Visualize trends in your legal matters plotted on the Time Line Dashboard, in real time.
The Timeline dashboard can compare data from different time periods, focussing on:
- Matters received
- Matters completed
- Open matters
- Overdue matters
The dashboard is controlled by the four select menus at the top of the screen:
- Menu 1: Set chart
- Menu 2: Select time interval/periods to compare
- Menu 3: Select periods
- Menu 4: Type
In the example above, the dashboard is showing a line chart for the number of matters received in three quarters:
- Q4 2021 - Dark Blue
- Q3 2021 - Blue
- Q2 2021 - Light Blue
Select menu 1: Set chart
Select menu 1 changes the focus of the dashboard. For example, switching it from 'Accumulated Matters Received' to 'Matters Received and Completed' will now take completed matters into account.
Because you can complete matters that were opened before the time period began, it's possible for the lines in the chart to go into negative territory.
You will also notice that the bottom two charts have now changed focus from counting matters received to showing the net change for each period.
The selections for select menu 1 are:
Accumulated Matters Received
- Each period begins at 0 and the number of matters increases
- The bottom two charts show the number of matters received in the period
Matters Received and Completed
- Each period begins at 0 and the line changes according to the matters received and completed
- The bottom charts will show the net change for each selected period
Matters Open in Period
- This will include the matters that were open (Not Started, In Progress, Awaiting Action) at the beginning of the period, and will increase for new matters and decrease for completed matters
- The bottom charts will show the number of matters that are open at the end of the selected periods
- This will show the number of matters that were past the due date
- The bottom charts will show the number of matters that were past the due date at the end of the selected periods
Select menu 2: Select time interval/periods to compare
Select menu 2 changes the time period that can be selected, including::
- All Data – This is everything since the earliest matter date received date, the time from today back to this earlier date will be treated as one time period – so there is no comparison feature
- Years - you can select which month you want the years to start and finish
Select menu 3: Select periods
Select menu 3 allows you add and remove time periods from the selection.
Select menu 4: Type
Select menu 4 changes the chart from a line chart, comparing changes over time, to a bar chart showing net changes for each period, if we change this selection from 'Line' to 'Bar - Totals':
Because we have select menu 1 set to 'Matters Received and Completed', the chart will now show the total number of matters received and completed for each selected time period. With 'Bar - Totals', you can also stack the bars according to another aspect of the data, such as 'Risk/Priority' or 'Category':
The other selections for select menu 4 can be used when you want to see the selected time periods broken down into smaller time periods. For example, if you are looking at the number of matters received by quarter, but you would like to see the quarters further broken down into months.
Note: When using this view, you are only able to compare two time periods.
Like with other Xakia dashboards, the charts at the bottom can be changed to other data fields.
And, also like other Xakia dashboards, clicking on the bars on the bottom charts can filter the rest of the dashboard.
Filters can be cleared using the 'X' in the top left hand side of the dashboard.
If you require more information or support, you can get in touch with the Support team here or email email@example.com.