Learn how to use hashtags to identify items, topics or subjects within your matters.
In this article, you will learn:
- What is a hashtag?
- How to create and edit hashtags
- How to use hashtags
- How to search and filter for matters with hashtags
What is a hashtag?
You may have a common thread that runs across divisions or categories and you would like to note for filtering of matters. Common examples include:
- Marking matters as "Top 3" or "GGC" for Group General Counsel attention
- Noting the client code or name, where the 'Party' field may be too specific
You could use a code word that can be used in the search field. However, there may be inconsistency in the way team members spell or articulate these words. To mitigate this risk, we have introduced the concept of hashtags.
Watch the short video below to learn more.
How to create, edit or deactivate hashtags
Hashtags can be added and edited by your Location Administrator in the Admin section of the Xakia platform.
To add a hashtag:
- Select 'Admin' from the top navigation
- Select the appropriate Location from the left hand navigation bar
- Select 'General Settings' from the left hand navigation bar
- Select the 'Hashtags' tab from within this window
- To add a new hashtag, click on the 'Add New' button on the top right
- Give your hashtag a name (there is no need to use the symbol # as this will be automatically added) and click 'Save'
To edit a hashtag:
- Find the hashtag and click on 'Edit'
- Update the name and click on 'Save'
To deactivate a hashtag:
- Find the hashtag and click on 'Deactivate'
- You can activate it again by clicking on the 'Activate' link
Important note: Hashtags are case sensitive. Please ensure you don't have duplicate hashtags with different cases. For example, '#tag' and '#Tag'.
Please don't include spaces. If you wish to use multiple word tags, like 'Monthly Report', use camel case. For example, '#MonthlyReport'.
How do I add a hashtag to a matter?
Within the description of a matter, task or status note, you can type "#" and it will bring up the list of hashtags that have been created in your Administration space. Select the appropriate hashtag and this will appear in your description.
When changing a matter status to ‘Awaiting Action’, you can add hashtags to your notes. Simply type ‘#’ and a list of hashtags will appear.
How do I search for matters with hashtags and use hashtags for filtering and reports?
When searching for a matter within the matters list, or filtering reports, selecting the hashtag will return all matters with that hashtag within your list.
Hashtags may be edited or deactivated at any time in the Admin area of the platform, but hashtags added before it's edited will continue to appear and be searchable based on the original hashtag.
If you require more information or support, you can get in touch with the Support team here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.