How to deactivate a user and remove their access.
In this article:
- Deactivating a user's access
- Revoke a user's access from Xakia when Federated Identity is configured
If a user has left your team and you wish to deactivate their access, a Company or Location Administrator may do so by following these steps:
- Select 'Admin' from the top navigation menu
- Select the appropriate Location from the left-hand navigation bar
- Select 'Security' from the left-hand navigation bar
- Select the 'Users' tab
- Find the user on the list you would like to deactivate
- Click the 'Deactivate' link beside the user on the right-hand side.
- Click 'Deactivate User' on the pop-up window to confirm deactivation
Single Sign On
To revoke a user's access from Xakia when Federated Identity is configured, remove the user from your Identity Provider. This may need to be completed by your IT team. Depending on your setup, the user's access will be revoked:
- If using SCIM - within the next 20 minutes
- If using the Azure AD sync job - within the next 24 hours. This can be invoked immediately by navigating to Admin -> Security -> Federated Identity and selecting 'Sync Now'
- If using AD FS - you can deactivate users manually within Xakia by following the instructions above under 'Xakia Identity'
Note: If using Okta SSO, Xakia users must be removed from the SCIM app for the change to flow through to Xakia.
If you require more information or support, you can get in touch with the Support team here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.