Learn how to add an external firm to submit invoices on a matter.
At the Xakia Plus and Xakia Advance subscription level, you can invite your law firms and other external resources to submit invoices into Xakia. Configuration of this functionality is covered in this and related articles.
Once configured, users can create an engagement on a matter and invite external resources by following these steps:
- Create a matter where the 'Resourcing' field is set to either 'External' or 'Internal & External'.
- Note that a 'Resources' tab will appear on the left hand matter navigation bar.
- An External Resource can be selected from the approved list of External Resources.
- Information about the engagement must be saved including:
- Fee Type
- Initial cost estimate. NB. you can click on the blue arrow next to the 'Initial Cost Est.' field to include a cost breakdown of your estimate.
This engagement has then been established on the matter, and users from the External Resource can be invited by following the steps in this article.
Note that additional information can be added to this engagement in the 'Expenses' screen, including:
- Division to cover (expressed as a % of the fees that will be covered by the business)
- Purchase Order
- Custom fields as configured here
If you require more information or support, you can get in touch with the Support team here or email email@example.com.