Receive, assign and manage legal requests received through the Xakia Legal Intake and Triage tool.
When a request is submitted, the relevant administrators of that Request Type will receive an email and in-application notification.
The Xakia Legal Intake Tool is available as part of the Xakia Plus, Advance and Professional subscriptions. Click here to learn how to upgrade your plan.
In this article:
Assigning a 'pending' legal request to a Matter Manager
Follow the steps below to learn how to open, triage and assign that request to an appropriate team member:
- Click 'Legal Requests' from the top left navigation menu
- Open a 'Pending' request to see:
- The details completed by the Requester
- Includes an 'Instructions' tab that has answers to the questions you have asked in the form
- Copies of relevant documents
- A Legal Request Number, which is a unique identifier for this request until the matter is assigned and given a matter number
- Requester name and email
- Select a 'Matter Manager' and complete any other mandatory fields (including Division and Category)
- Add 'Internal Briefing Notes' if required for your internal team member
- Click 'Save'
The following email notifications will be sent at this time:
- Your internal client will be notified that the matter has been assigned
- The Matter Manager (and any Team Members) will be notified that they have been assigned a new matter
Rejecting a legal request
To reject a request, check that this functionality has been switched on first in your Admin area. Follow the steps here to learn how.
To reject a legal request:
- Open a 'Pending' request
- Click 'Actions' in the top right corner of your screen
- Select 'Reject Request'
- Complete the details required:
- Select a reason for the rejection
- You can provide more information in the 'Details' box, which can be shared with your Requester
- Decide whether you would like to send a notification to the Requester
- Click 'Save'
Note: Once the request has been rejected, this cannot be undone.
Viewing 'recently assigned' matter
To see recently assigned matters:
- Filter by 'Status' in the 'Legal Request List' and select 'Recently Assigned'
- Click the 'Open' button and a slide-out will provide an overview of the matter, including Matter Manager, Matter Number and Matter Name
Note: If you are testing the Legal Intake tool, please be aware that email notifications will not be sent where the Matter Manager and the 'Requester' are the same email address. Only the Matter Manager will receive a notification.