Reject a legal intake request and send notifications back to your Requester, to continue to streamline the legal intake process.
When a Legal Request is submitted, you may want to return it to the Requester.
Reasons to reject a request can vary, but some common examples include:
- An error in the request
- It is a duplicate of an existing request
- The request isn't applicable to legal or your team
Enable the functionality in Admin
To be able to reject a legal request, you will first need to confirm this has been switched on in your Admin area:
- Click on 'Admin' in the top navigation menu
- Click on 'Xakia Advance' or 'Xakia Plus' on the left side of the screen (depending on your subscription level)
- Under the Legal Intake Tab, select the 'Settings' tab
- Under 'Feature Settings', toggle the 'Allow Matter Rejection' option to 'On'
- Select the matter rejection reasons to be available
- Click 'Save'
Rejecting legal requests
You will now be able to reject legal requests. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Click on 'Matters' in the top navigation menu and navigate to 'Legal Requests'
- Open the Request
- Click 'Actions' in the top right corner of your screen
- Select 'Reject Request'
- Complete the details required:
- Select a reason for the rejection
- You can provide more information in the 'Details' box, which can be shared with your Requester
- Decide whether you would like to send a notification to the Requester
- Click 'Save'
Note: Once the request has been rejected, this cannot be undone.
Once rejected, you also have the option to purge intake request data. Learn how to purge rejected requests here.