Reject a legal intake request and send notifications back to your Requester, to continue to streamline the legal intake process.
When a Legal Request is submitted, you may want to return it to the Requester.
Reasons to reject a request can vary, but some common examples include:
- An error in the request
- It is a duplicate of an existing request
- The request isn't applicable to legal or your team
Enable the functionality in Admin
To be able to reject a legal request, you will first need to confirm this has been switched on in your Admin area:
- Click on 'Admin' in the top navigation menu
- Click on 'Xakia Advance' or 'Xakia Plus' on the left side of the screen (depending on your subscription level)
- Under the Legal Intake Tab, select the 'Settings' tab
- Under 'Feature Settings', toggle the 'Allow Matter Rejection' option to 'On'
- Select the matter rejection reasons to be available
- Click 'Save'
Rejecting legal requests
You will now be able to reject legal requests. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Click on 'Matters' in the top navigation menu and navigate to 'Legal Requests'
- Open the Request
- Click 'Actions' in the top right corner of your screen
- Select 'Reject Request'
- Complete the details required:
- Select a reason for the rejection
- You can provide more information in the 'Details' box, which can be shared with your Requester
- Decide whether you would like to send a notification to the Requester
- Click 'Save'
Note: Once the request has been rejected, this cannot be undone.
Once rejected, you also have the option to purge intake request data. Learn how to purge rejected requests here.
If you require more information or support, you can get in touch with the Support team here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.