Determine the level of matter access for each user.
The level of access a user has is determined in their user profile, which can be set either:
On the user profile, the field 'Access' will offer the following options:
- All Matters Including Confidential - this user will be able to see all matters, even if they have been set to 'Confidential'
- All Matters - this user will be able to see all matters, including their own 'Confidential' matters where they are the Matter Manager or a Team Member. They will not see 'Confidential' matters where they are not named as a Matter Manager or Team Member
- Group Matters - this user will be able to see matters within any Group to which they belong. Note that the 'Group' is set on each matter.
- My Matters - this user will be able to see only matters on which they have been specifically named as a Matter Manager or Team Member
Individual Matters can be set to 'Confidential' which will limit access to only:
- Matter Manager
- Team members
- Anyone with the access level 'All Matters Including Confidential'
Note: Where a user's access level is changed to 'All Matters Including Confidential', all other users with that access level will receive an email notification.