The Xakia iManage integration will automatically link any new matter to iManage by creating a workspace in iManage that corresponds to the Matter in Xakia. Any updates to Xakia matters are automatically pushed through to the iManage workspace as well.
The diagram below shows a high level overview of how Xakia and iManage interact:
The iManage integration can be configured and adjusted by users with Company and Location Admin permissions.
In the iManage console, you need to add the Xakia Application, which may require a manual upload of the Xakia Package. Please contact Xakia Support at firstname.lastname@example.org for this information.
Please follow the steps below to navigate to the iManage Integration System within Xakia:
- Select 'Admin' from the top navigation bar
- Select 'Integrations' on the left hand menu
- On the 'Document Management' tab, select iManage from the 'Provider' drop-down menu
Under the 'General Settings' tab, the following information is needed:
- Root URL: The Root URL for your configuration has been prefilled for you, but can be customized If needed by entering a new URL in the provided text box (this field must be completed)
- Service Principal Username: This Username will be used to interact with your iManage account (this field must be completed)
- Service Principal Password: You can provide a password for your iManage integration to streamline document management. Your password will never be displayed in the associated text box once it is set. (see more under Authentication below)
- Workspace Name Format: Select how your iManage workspace will be named
- Confidential Group ID: Set the iManage Group ID of the group that will have access to view confidential matters in iManage (see more under Permissions below)
The Xakia iManage integration uses a service principal user in iManage to interact with iManage. We recommend a special user be set up in iManage with NRTADMN access for this purpose.
Xakia metadata mapping
The format of the Workspace name in iManage can be composed of different parts of Xakia matter data. The following formats are available:
- Matter Name
- Division Name - Matter Name
- Subcategory Name - Matter Name
- Matter Name - Subcategory Name
- Matter Name - Division Name
- Matter Name - Subdivision Name
- Matter Name - Category Name
- Matter Name - Division Name - Category Name
- Matter Name - Subcategory Name - Matter Number
- Matter Number - Matter Name
- Category Name - Matter Name - Matter Number
- Matter Number
- Matter Name - Matter Number
- Division Name - Matter Name - Matter Number
- Group Name - Matter Name - Matter Number
- Subdivision Name - Matter Name
Xakia metadata can be mapped to any workspace custom field in iManage. For example, the Matter Division can be mapped to the Custom2 field in iManage, if desired. The following Xakia matter fields are available to be mapped - note these may be mapped to any custom field in iManage as required.
- Matter Name
- Matter Link (a hyperlink back to the Xakia matter)
- Division Name
- SubDivision Name
- Category Name
- SubCategory Name
- Matter Number
- Group Name
The Xakia iManage integration makes use of iManage Control Center (IMCC) templates. The IMCC template is selected based on the Category of the Xakia matter. You can define a mapping of Xakia Categories to IMCC templates as part of the configuration of the integration. The template folder structure and security is copied over to the newly created iManage workspace.
The Xakia iManage integration is designed to work with the iManage best practice of generally making workspaces public. Any non-confidential matter in Xakia will result in a public workspace being created in iManage.
Confidential matters are treated differently - Xakia is regarded as the source of truth for matter permissions on confidential matters, and the integration replicates these permissions from Xakia into iManage.
This is achieved in the following way:
- Any users that are assigned as team members or the matter manager on a confidential matter in Xakia are explicitly granted read/write permission on the iManage workspace
- A special 'Xakia Confidential' group in iManage is explicitly granted read/write permission on the iManage workspace. The name of the group to use can be configured in the Xakia iManage integration. Any users that are granted 'All Matters including Confidential' access in Xakia should also be added to the corresponding group in iManage, thus giving them access to confidential iManage workspaces
- If the access for a matter changes - that is, if its confidentiality, group, team members or matter manager changes - the permissions are pushed through to iManage automatically
Note: The owner of a workspace in iManage is always designated as the service principal user described above.
If you require more information or support, you can get in touch with the Support team here or email email@example.com.