If you are experiencing issues with your Outlook add-in, depending on whether you are using the web version or the desktop version of Outlook, there could be a few different reasons. The below instructions outline common causes and fixes in order to troubleshoot on:
Outlook Desktop Application
The Xakia Outlook add-in does not appear on the ribbon in the Outlook desktop application.
1. The add-in is not installed
- Follow the steps in this article to install the add-in
- If your Outlook add-in is installed already, it is sometimes fixed by uninstalling and re-installing the add-in
2. User does not have permission to use Custom Add-Ins
- Ask your IT support to confirm that you have the 'My Custom Apps' permission per the following document.
3. The Outlook add-in is not displaying on the ribbon
- Right-click on a blank space in the ribbon and select 'Customize the Ribbon'
- On the left-hand side is a list of all available Ribbon items
- Change the 'Choose commands from' drop-down box to read 'Main Tabs'
- Under 'Home (Mail)', check if there is an item labelled 'Xakia'
- If the Xakia item is there, this means the add-in is installed correctly
- Click the 'Add >>' button to add it to the Ribbon
4. For Windows Users Only: Your internet connection is metered
If your networking connection is set as 'metered', Outlook does not display any add-ins. This typically happens when using a mobile hotspot.
- From the 'Start' menu, search for 'Network Status' and open the page
- Select 'Properties' on your internet connection
- Select the 'Metered connection' section and ensure that the 'Set as metered connection' option is set to off
5. Check that you meet Outlook add-in requirements
For Outlook add-ins to load and function properly, there are a number of requirements for both the servers and the clients. Ensure your environment satisfies the Outlook add-in requirements by following this article.
Outlook Web Version
When opening the Xakia Outlook add-in within the Outlook Web Interface, a blank panel is shown.
If you are using the web version of Outlook and seeing a blank panel, this means that third party cookies are not enabled.
- Enable third party cookies for your browser and try opening the Xakia Outlook add-in again
- If you are using Chrome, you can enable third party cookies by following the instructions in this article.
If you require more information or support, you can get in touch with the Support team here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.