Custom Logs allows Legal Departments to move all their lists to a central, cloud-based system and optimize their risk management and productivity.
With Xakia’s Custom Logs, you can:
- Create a log of information that suits your needs exactly
- Capture key information in intuitive user-friendly forms
- Display information in intuitive, configurable tables
- Easily search and filter for Log information
- Link Custom Log entries to individual legal matters
- Create beautiful dashboards and reports to communicate your data
Note: Custom Logs are available with a Xakia Advance subscription level
In this article:
How to set up a Custom Log
- Click on 'Admin' in the top navigation menu
- Click on 'Xakia Advance' from the left hand navigation bar
- Click on the 'Custom Logs' tab
- Click on the 'Add New' button in the top right hand corner of the screen
- Complete the details and click 'Save'
- Nickname: provide a shortened name for this Log that is 10 characters or less
- Full name of Log: provide a unique name
- Add to matter: ticking this checkbox makes this Log available to add within the core matter form
- One log entry per matter only: ticking this checkbox means you can only have one of this particular log per matter. Please note: once saved, you cannot go back and edit this setting later
- Letter prefix for numbering: provide a unique letter/special character (not a number) prefix for this Log. It can't be the same as for any other Custom Log and can't be changed once saved
- Group access: you can choose to restrict the Custom Log to specific groups. Once selected, only these groups will be able to view the Custom Log
Designing your Custom Log
Custom fields must be created in the ‘Custom Fields’ tab before they can be added to a Custom Log. Once a custom field has been created, these can be arranged into ‘tabs’ on your Custom Log and will be displayed on the form left to right across 3 columns.
There are 6 tabs available for use. These tabs will become active once custom fields have been added.
To customize the tab names:
- Enter text in the 'Tab Name' field
- Click 'Save' in the top right hand corner of the screen
Adding fields to your Custom Log
Custom fields must be created in the ‘Custom Fields’ tab before they can be added to a Custom Log. Once created, they will be available in the left hand side under the 'Available Fields' section.
To add a field to your Custom Log:
- Drag and drop the desired field from the 'Available Fields' section on the left to the Custom Log form on the right hand side of the screen
- Select whether to make this field 'Required'
- Activate the field by checking the 'Active' box
- Choose whether you would like the field to be searchable in your Logs list view by ticking the checkbox under 'Indexed'. You can select up to 10 fields per custom log
- Click 'Save' in the top right hand corner
Note: You can include up to 20 fields per tab in your custom log.
If you require more information or support, you can get in touch with the Support team here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.