Introducing: Link to a document within a discussion, further enhancements to Custom Logs and NetDocuments integration and more
We’ve made some huge enhancements to Custom Logs, our NetDocuments integration and zapped a number of bugs that were reported or observed. 💪
🚀 NEW: Link to a document within a discussion
To make collaboration easier between internal clients and the legal team, you can now link a document within a discussion post.
Within a discussion, you can simply start to type /docs or click on the ‘link a matter doc’ icon in the description field to link to a document attached to that matter. The document will become a clickable link in the discussion post.
🌟 Custom Log enhancements
We've heard your feedback and have made the following enhancements to Custom Logs:
- When creating a log from a matter, the name of the log entry will pre-populate with the name of the matter. Users can still edit the name before saving
- You can now restrict specific Custom Logs to individual users or to a group of users
🌟 NetDocuments enhancements
We’ve made some improvements to our NetDocuments integration including the ability to:
- Unlink a NetDocuments workspace from a matter
- Use NetDocuments groups for security so that it applies to all documents in the workspace. Confidential matters will only be visible to a matter manager and team members assigned to that matter in NetDocuments. Matters will only be visible to individuals and groups if they have access to those matters
- Access a NetDocuments space from the Matter List and Card View. In Card View, easily access your documents by clicking on the 3 dots ‘Actions’ button. In the Matter List View, you can edit your columns to include ‘Document Link’
🌟 Analytics access – management reports and dashboards
You now have extra flexibility on who has analytics access for:
- Management reports, in addition to standard reports
- Management dashboards, in addition to standard dashboards
Click here to learn how to set analytics access to users.
🌟 Ability to rename a report
Users have the ability to rename the following reports:
- Matter List
- Concise Matter List
- Analysis Report
- Executive Summary
Simply click on the ‘configuration’ tab in the filter bar and scroll down to the ‘Rename Report’ field. Type in the new name and ‘Run Report’ The new name will appear as the heading in your pdf report.
Note: this feature applies for reports in Analytics > Reports > Reports (New)
🐛 Bug fixes
We squashed a bunch of bugs including:
- Once a legal request has been assigned and you link to an iManage workspace, tick boxes will appear next to the documents, allowing you to bulk save all the documents without the need to refresh the page
- When bulk uploading all documents from legal intake into your iManage DMS, a tick will now appear next to all documents when you select ‘all’
- We’ve done some magic in the background to make a single matter report load quicker
If you require more information or support, you can get in touch with the Support team here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.